Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Of Cows and pastures

It's been a while since I last wrote. Much has happened since then. I've started working... I have my own place... I do what I please, when I please. Nobody to question me... Nobody to stop me. I am living the life I always hoped I would get to live.

... or am I?

It is so true about the pasture being greener on the other side, though I don't particularly understand why whoever came up with this proverb chose this particular metaphor. I mean we are humans right? A much more mentally advanced species. Why compare us with COWS? Of all the slow witted, boring creatures. Don't get me wrong I like cows... the healthy amount that is. But they aren't the most intelligent or awe-inspiring of God's creations. Now that I think about it, a cow wouldn't really abandon available food just because it "feels" that the color of it looks better on the other side of a barbed fence. Why couldn’t he have chosen something like elephants? – Something like “The river is always muddier on the other bank” or lions – “The miniscule bit of flesh that you have let your hardworking wife have seems tastier after you have finished your hunk” (OK that’s a bit too long but you get the drift) I just can’t understand this weird obsession with cows. People sure are peculiar.
Moving on, my life which is supposed to be perfect seems too brown or less muddy or doesn’t taste good. I wonder why? I mean why is it that you are never happy with what you get. It’s ok in books n all when they say this makes you strive for more and keeps away complaisance. But honestly? It just makes me wonder about the point of struggling to achieve anything, when I already know, once I get it I am not gonna like it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment